Friday, April 1, 2011

DoppelMe Avatar Extra Credit Blog

To create my avatar I used the website DoppelMe.com. I've never made an avatar before and thought that it might be a bit of a task, but after going to doppelme.com and following the steps, it was actually quite easy to make one, and it's free. In following the steps, you start by selecting gender, skin and eye color. From there you are taken to the main page to build your avatar. Here you can choose a facial expression, hair, clothing, glasses, shoes, a background, and many other customization options to make your avatar reflect you. After going through all the steps, I wound up with my avatar without having to sign up for anything. One of the disadvantages to not signing up is you can't embed your avatar into websites. However, without signing up, you do get to see what it looks like when finished, which gave me the opportunity to take a screen capture of my avatar. Below you'll see what the last step of the avatar creation page looks like, and on the right-hand-side of the screen is what my avatar ended up looking like.

No comments:

Post a Comment