Friday, April 1, 2011

VoIP Call Extra Credit Blog

In looking through the extra credit opportunities, I thought this would be an excellent one to take advantage of. You'll see in my video that I took place in a conference call with 2 friends of mine, Mike and Alec, who also happen to be in ISM3004. We used Skype to host our call and I used Jing to record my screen during the call. This was not my first time using Skype to call people though. I've used it to talk to my parents a few times, but I use it more often to talk to friends, especially those friends who live abroad. One of my friends lives in Australia and has been in Hong Kong for sometime and this has been a way to keep in touch rather than pay for expensive international calling. I also thought Skype would be good to have because I will be abroad for an internship this summer and rather than pay for a cell phone in another country, I'm just going to make sure my parents have and know how to use Skype so we can keep in touch during my time away. Overall, the conference call among Mike, Alec, and myself went well. I believe we are all very familiar with Skype, which made the call very easy, quick to conduct. That said, you can follow this link to watch and listen to our Skype call if the embedded video doesn't work.  Skype VoIP Call Video

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment